In this quick read, you will learn the best time to post on LinkedIn for optimal engagement in your brand. LinkedIn is a professional social media platform best used for business-related networking opportunities. The best time to post on LinkedIn may vary according to several factors. The reason for posting is one factor: some people use the platform to share insights with their peers, while others use it to find job opportunities or solicit new clients.
The best times to post on LinkedIn are different than other platforms because of the business-related information commonly shared here.
When is the Best Time to Post on LinkedIn?
When considering best practices for posting on any social media platform, your audience should always be top of mind. In this case, the best time to post on LinkedIn is when your audience is most likely to pay attention. Typically, this breaks down as such:
- Monday: Between 9 a.m. and noon
- Wednesday: Between 8 a.m. and noon and around 3 p.m.
- Thursday: Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Friday: Between 9 a.m. and noon
Tuesdays and weekends are not typically ideal days in terms of the best time to post on LinkedIn.
However, the best times to post on LinkedIn are also specific to your followers and industry. For instance, if you are planning a LinkedIn post directed towards your fellow restaurant workers that typically have night shift hours, then a LinkedIn post first thing in the morning likely won’t get traction.
LinkedIn Post Tips
In addition to learning the best time to post on LinkedIn, it helps to know how to post on LinkedIn. Because it differs from other social media platforms, knowing how to post on LinkedIn can be a game-changer regarding how much engagement your content receives. Here are a few tips that include how to know the best time to post on LinkedIn based on your audience:
- Learn how to post on LinkedIn (site functionality): Before deciding the best time to post on LinkedIn, you must ensure you know how to post correctly. Take some time to look through the different posting mechanisms so that you know how to generate an original post and how to share content written by others. It is also helpful to learn how to share multimedia so that as you determine the best times to post on LinkedIn, you also know how to operate the platform’s functionality.
- Plan targeted content based on your audience: Make sure that the content you share on your LinkedIn page is specific to your expertise or interests and the industry in which you operate. If you want to make a career change, consider sharing content based on the expertise of others while you are making the shift.
- Accommodate the working hours of those with whom you most want to interact: When planning the best times to post on LinkedIn, consider the industry you are targeting. If yours is content about nightshift work, then post at times when those folks are most likely to peruse social media.
- Post regularly: In addition to knowing the best time to post on LinkedIn, it is also essential to post regularly. After all, pinpointing the best time to post on LinkedIn means nothing if you don’t post enough to engage people regularly.
Following simple rules that include the best times to post on LinkedIn will help your account and content gain more traction and followers. This is an ideal way to build your professional network and meet more like-minded people, which is one of the reasons it is such a popular platform. If you need help with posting to your LinkedIn account, contact us to find out how we can help you.